Greenbuild International Conference and Expo is the in-person experience for sustainability in the built environment. It’s for professionals in architecture, construction, engineering, planning, and interior design who depend on thoughtful and ethical solutions which promote wellness and resiliency in construction and urban development. By participating with Greenbuild, you can return to the field powered by the latest education and discoveries for the built environment.
Sustainability is the foundation of Greenbuild; it impacts all activities, partners, vendors and participants. And its impact is visible from the sessions we present to the products on the show floor to the way the event is produced.
WHAT IS THE GREEN BUILDING MOVEMENT?
The green building movement embraces all of humanity by making sustainable buildings and environments accessible to everyone, and in doing so, to benefit the natural environment all around us. We are helping people understand their role in protecting and preserving the natural environment and leveraging the built environment to:
- improve human health and wellbeing
- ensure resiliency
- mitigate climate change
- enhance community and social equality
- restore and protect our ecosystems
- enhance building efficiency and performance
- promote sustainable design
The future of the human race is interwoven with the future of the planet, and the sustainable practices we celebrate and advance at Greenbuild remind us that our success as sustainability advocates, practitioners and professionals is more than a movement, it is a responsibility.
- Greenbuild Conference & Expo hot topics curated just for you.
- Understanding programs addressing embodied carbon and the shift from operational carbon.
- Defining the difference.
- Local mandates in different cities and programs to set up more energy efficient buildings.
- Why net zero energy is not enough; we need a plan for regenerative design.
- What you need to be reading up on and trending topics.
- GBES’ regenerative design course.
- Technical updates and changes from USGBC and GBCI for exams and building certifications.
- Changes and focus on the “S” in ESG and corporate responsibilities.
- A movement we all need to prepare for as buildings move to all electric.
“While not a lot of buildings have been able to achieve Net Zero Energy yet, all of the green building enthusiasts admit that we actually need to think beyond that. Think net positive and really think regenerative design.”
– Charlie Cichetti, LEED Fellow + WELL AP
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended