Grant Peters certainly fits the bill. The Partner and Manager of Green Building Services at Fluent Group Consulting Engineers has provided valuable technical guidance serving for a decade on the CaGBC Sites and Water Technical Advisory Group (TAG) including a four-year term as Chair of the TAG and representing the TAG on the LEED Canada Steering Committee.
Grant was also among a group of 25 individuals from around the world to be named a LEED Fellow – and the only Canadian on this year’s list. LEED Fellows are nominated by their peers and must have made at least 10 years’ worth of exceptional impact on LEED and hold an active LEED AP with specialty credentials, among other requirements.
- The importance of how to balance 3 different new construction rating systems for the client and project.
- Moves Canada made to fit their market, climate and energy needs to create relevant energy standards and construction practices.
- Fluent stays at the leading edge of the green building curve.
- Canada’s push with energy, carbon performance and healthy building on municipal facilities and other builds to meet the time.
- Developing projects with purpose and not just point chasing.
- Drive the sustainable needle forward with policies in your local area.
- Get involved with your community as a “municipal decision maker” to drive the sustainability world.
- Create a mutual respect with design engineers and the architects.
- The need to prioritize the envelope.
“Being focused more on the energy side, we’re going to have to strike that balance between providing an abundance of fresh air and really heavy filtration that increases fan power and all these things that could have harmed the energy performance in the interest of health. Some of the green building aspects become a bit so conflicting in that way.”
Grant Peters’ Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended