Dan Matisoff is a senior researcher who studies energy and environmental policy, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability. He has a background in statistical analysis on the adoption and diffusion of energy and environmental policies and technologies.
Right now he is working on a project related to the diffusion of eco-labels and advanced technologies in the built environment and how these drive market transformation in the built environment. He is the lead for Working Group 3 for Georgia Drawdown – Built Environment and Materials.
He is well versed in statistical methods, quantitative modeling, and other approaches to assessing impacts of energy and environmental technologies.
- LEED Eco Label’s continuous score with a discontinuous “signal”.
- The impact of the LEED Eco Label on investment in energy and environmental technology.
- Important research to confer economic value to customers and to society.
- Distribution of buildings in LEED to understand how the silver, gold, and platinum tiers caused additionality into a space.
- Dan’s book tells a more dynamic process with the early movers into the LEED Eco Label and the produce positive information spillovers that help change the market.
- Understanding the eco label itself is the certification of these traits and making them easy to observe to individuals.
- The “LEED factor” benefits with pilot projects in geographic locations.
- A sneak peek of some advanced degree programs for the rising demand for sustainability professionals.
Show Resource and Information
- Ecolabels, Innovation, and Green Market Transformation
- How Solar Energy Became Cheap
- The Kendeda Building – Georgia Tech
- Planet Money – NPR
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended