Lisa Tharp, is the founder and principal of Lisa Tharp Design, an international design firm known for its clean-lined artistic blend of the classic with the modern, a hand-crafted custom furniture line, and industry leadership in design practices that support wellness of people and our planet. Lisa Tharp Colors, a curated non-toxic paint collection for ECOS Paints, launched February 2021.
With studio presence in Boston, New York, Montreal and Auckland, Lisa Tharp Design transforms luxury spaces in the city, country and on the water. Beautiful, inventive environments enhance architecture, connect to a sense of place, and reflect and support the personality, lifestyle aspirations and well-being of those who inhabit them.
The firm’s work has been featured by Architectural Digest, ELLE Decor, LUXE, House Beautiful, international publications, books, and by This Old House television productions. Lisa Tharp Design has garnered a number of honors, including successive Bulfinch Awards from the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art, EcoHome Award for Tharp’s Concord Green Healthy Home which modeled healthy and sustainable building practices, Luxe Gold List, and Best of Boston by Boston Home magazine. Tharp was inducted into the New England Design Hall of Fame in 2021.
- Know the difference between green design and healthy design.
- Choose healthy products that make sense for both builders and architects.
- Lisa’s partnership with ECOS Paints results in a healthy package of “liquid gold.”
- Offer and educate clients to select choices that are better for their project and cities when they don’t ask.
- Combination of interest in design of old and new methodologies.
- Further expand the green reach with new collaborations focused on passive and self-sustaining small homes.
- How do we rethink cities to make them human friendly, include more public housing, and green space?
- Switch thinking to what is sustainable, what is healthy and what is human centric design.
- Combine the best of historic, traditional building principles with the latest in modern technology.
“Don’t just follow a path because it’s expected of you or people recommend it to you. You really owe it to yourself to find your jam. If you follow your passion, you will be better aligned with who you are in your work, your mission, and your purpose.”
Lisa Tharp’s Show Resource and Information
- Lisa Tharp Design | LinkedIn
- CONCORD GREEN HEALTHY HOME – Lisa Tharp
- Lisa Tharp By ECOS Paints®
- Pattern Language
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended