Jason F. McLennan is an architect and prominent figure in the Green Building Movement. He is the Founder and the board of the International Living Future Institute and Cascadia Green Building Council, a chapter of both the U.S. Green Building Council and the Canada Green Building Council. He is the CEO of McLennan Design, his own architecture and planning firm that does work all over the world. McLennan is also one of the creator of Pharos, an advanced building material rating system, Declare, an ingredient disclosure label for building products, and JUST, a social justice transparency platform for organizations. In addition, he developed the Living Community Challenge and the Living Product Challenge.
- Jason transformed the industry when he launched these projects, programs, and materials certifications to build on what LEED had started.
- Get inspired by a pioneer that really shook up and raised the bar in how a green building can be built and operated.
- The brilliant thing LEED did for the market and changing the world.
- How the Living Building Challenge supplements LEED for those that are ready to go beyond looking at levels of certification?
- Jason created the Red List to do the “impossible” to create transparency and change the course of conversations for manufacturers all over the world.
- 2020 is proving to be a year of incredible disruption. Jason gives you humanity’s next 5 assignments we need to default to.
- We need to find and focus on the end game. Why green building is way off target in every category of impact?
- How to go further and faster? Check out The New Climate Pledge Arena.
“Mentorship has been incredibly important to me. I think we reach our potential when we learn from others who have been down the paths further…It really pays to listen to elders and learn from those that have walked the path before you. I think too many people now, for whatever reason, discount our elders and that’s great peril. They focus too much on themselves and that’s what technology and the social communication and everything that we have at our disposal is allowing for sort of a level of narcissism that’s unhealthy.”
– Jason McLennan
Jason McLennan’s Show Resources and Information
- Jason McLennan: Books – Amazon.com
- Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming by Paul Hawken
- McLennan Design
- International Living Future Institute
- Early LEED and Living Building Influencer Marni Jade Evans
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended