Sengavi Thirupathy is the Senior Decarbonization Analyst responsible for managing project progress and deadlines, facilitating team meetings, and assisting the Associate Director of the Decarbonization team. Additionally, she serves as the QA QC lead for Energy Modeling scopes, the energy modeling training lead for the Decarbonization department, and Decarbonization lead participating in the VIM initiative.
Sengavi graduated from Anna University, Chennai, India in May 2016 with a Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering and completed her Master’s in engineering in Energy Systems from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Previously, Sengavi has worked on over 10 Net zero energy building design and modeling and 3 Net zero carbon projects. Sengavi has worked on various sectors such as medical office buildings, schools, and animal houses, semiconductor manufacturing units, multifamily residential buildings, automobile manufacturing buildings, data centers and office buildings. Sengavi has worked on Energy Audits, Utility incentive program management and grid carbon assessments as well.
- A senior decarbonization analyst shares everything you need to know about decarbonization energy modeling, high performance buildings, and so much more.
- Working with the mandates surrounding energy efficiency and energy modeling for green building.
- How to successfully shift your majors to work with your passion. Sengavi shares her successful shift from chemical engineering into complete energy systems in the civil and architecture test side.
- High level tips on what really affects an energy model.
- Useful tools like IES, Energy Plus, Energy Pro and eQuest to learn the ecosystem is an open source to use for energy modeling.
- Include passive strategies in your design, construction or existing buildings to reduce the need to bring in energy.
- Adaptability and grid harmonization will drive all of the design in the future.
- Understanding the challenges with existing buildings vs new construction in energy modeling.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended