Dr. Kath Williams, LEED Fellow, is an experienced business leader with a demonstrated history of working in the green building industry globally. Sustainability Consultant for 20+ years. Skilled in Green Building Rating Systems (especially LEED, WELL and SITES Projects). Supports corporations in meeting and documenting their SDGs. Strong business development professional with a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) focused in Conflict Resolution, Adult and Higher Education from Montana State University-Bozeman.
- Lessons Learned of what not to do in a project launched Kath’s firm into becoming a world resource for sustainability.
- Kath built her business with a golden “Rolodex” and direction from the three (3) biggest influences on her life.
- The Green Building Councils’ worldwide impact and influence on sustainability.
- The perfect global response to quiet any critic of sustainability.
- Kath shares what it was like being part of the inaugural group of LEED Fellows working on projects that advance the mission.
- Some misconceptions about water. Kath provides tips on the complexity of water on our projects and how to utilize this most valuable resource.
- Kath shares profound advice on COVID-19, politics, culture, and the best part of not being a designer to support the industry and not forfeit the gains to the environment.
“It’s worth it to put in a time to get the credentials. It’s worth it to put in the time to be a resource and learn as much as you can. Practically speaking, experts in sustainability are needed everywhere. It doesn’t matter what the industry, it doesn’t matter what your background; my degrees are not in environmental anything. In fact, my doctorate is in conflict resolution. It’s the idea that we can all work together and we can all contribute.”
– Kath Williams
(Transcript Available on here and on the GBES website)
Kath’s Show Resources and Information
- Brave New Arctic by Mark C. Serreze
- Confessions of a Radical Industrialist by Ray Anderson
- Kath Williams + Associates
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2020 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended