Fulya Kocak Gin, LEED Fellow, is Senior Vice President of ESG issues for Nareit, which is a national association representing real estate investment trusts and publicly traded real estate companies. As an award-winning sustainability thought leader, instructor, and author, Fulya provides guidance, oversight, and innovation for Nareit’s sustainability initiatives, publications, and programming within the REIT industry, which is one of the 11 GIC sectors.
In her previous role with Clark Construction, Fulya developed the company’s corporate sustainability strategy, coordinated environmental responsibility efforts, and assisted building owners and developers meet their sustainability goals cost effectively.
Her specialties include: ESG Issues, Sustainable Investments, Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG Reporting, Sustainable Construction, Sustainability Strategy, Green Building Certifications, Project Management, Life Cycle, Community Outreach, Sustainability/LEED Education, Subcontractor and Shareholder Buy-in, Best Practices, Material Sourcing, Business Development. Fulya has authored sustainability books and instructed sustainability and LEED workshops.
Fulya is a regular speaker at multiple conferences, including Greenbuild, REITworld, REITworks, Montgomery County Energy Summit and academic conferences. She also has served on multiple boards, councils and committees, including the District of Columbia’s Green TAG, working on the first DC Green Building Codes, Chairwoman of USGBC National Capital Chapter Board, and Chair of Maryland Governor’s Green Building Council.
- Pressures facing real estate portfolio, real estate and ESG.
- Understanding the benefits and the differences in getting an Architectural Engineering degree.
- Volunteering is an integrated part of the work you will do in the industry to take your performance and success to the next level.
- Fulya breaks down what ESG means for environmental stewardship, social responsibility and good governance practices.
- Useful ESG Bible for readers with documents and tools on ESG reporting frameworks and top ESG key performance indicators.
- Scope three emissions tips you need to hear to prepare for the future.
- Why specialization is key to standing out among the competition.
Get the episode transcript here!!
Show Resource and Information
- The Sustainability Leader in You
- The Best of John C. Maxwell on Attitude
- The Artist’s Way
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended