Daniel Overbey, AIA, LEED Fellow, WELL AP, EcoDistricts AP, Fitwel Ambassador, is the Director of Sustainability for Browning Day in Indianapolis and an Assistant Professor of Architecture at Ball State University’s R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning. His work focuses on high-performance building design and construction, environmental systems research, LEED and WELL-related services, energy modeling, resilient design, and evidence-based design.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) – Indiana Chapter
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
- International Living Future Institute (ILFI)
- Society of Building Science Educators (SBSE)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) – Indiana Chapter
- The value of being active in AIA and your local USGBC chapter.
- Effective ways to see change through advocacy and education.
- Solar Decathlon, pedagogical framework fused into an architectural studio.
- Debunking rumors surrounding LEED.
- A peek into Indiana, LEED platinum projects and the challenges in building in a four season region.
- Issues related to renewable energy and the economic payback of that.
- Why we are against the clock on embodied carbon?
- The need to invest in existing building stock and the rate of change.
Daniel Overbey’s Resources & Contact Info:
- Healthy Buildings
- How Buildings Learn
- Cradle to Cradle
- The Anthropocene Reviewed
- Post Corona
- The Shape of Green
- Future of the Professions
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2022 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended