James Nash has founded 3 companies. The first was Bike Dock Solutions in 2008 which started life as a university project. Much of his focus currently is on ActiveScore which helps building owners and developers improve their cycling and active travel facilities. They have helped design and certify 350+ developments in Europe, US, Asia, Middle East and Australia-including 22 Bishopsgate in London, which is the largest office building in Europe.
Clients include Blackstone, Brookfield, Lendlease, Invesco, Vornado Realty Trust, BentallGreenOak, GID, JLL, CBRE, Savills, Knight Frank, Colliers, Perial, AXA IM, PATRIZIA, Bruntwood, and EcoWorld. ActiveScore is recognized by GRESB as a design and/or construction green building certification scheme.
He has also been an advisor to WELL Certification on all things Cycling and active travel related. For real estate sustainability/mobility consultants and architects they have an extremely popular free AP Programme with over 500 AP’s from over 40 countries.
- The proactive part of wellness in and around buildings and communities you need to consider for healthier buildings.
- The movement towards bike connective travel and bike share systems.
- James shares his entrepreneurial journey and start-up tips that transformed his business.
- The evolution of bike storage on ESG, various rating systems, tools and services provided for people who are occupants of a building.
- Active Score tools, advisory rolls and educational supports
a. AP program that brings these best practices forward.
b. Global expansion and global standard within buildings
c. An emissions calculator that also includes scope free emissions
d. The electrification of bikes and all things on wheels.
- An incredible opportunity and an area that currently isn’t really getting much attention.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended