Patrick Chopson is the co-founder od the carbon-focused Atlanta-based startup, cove.tool. As the Chief Product Officer, he leads product development for cove.tool, a web-based software for analyzing, drawing, engineering, and connecting data for building design and construction.
A graduate of Georgia Tech with a Masters in High Performance Buildings, he is also a licensed architect with over 18 years of experience. Prior to cove.tool, he ran Pattern r+d, a successful building performance consulting and architecture firm. Multiple publications include Architect Magazine, TechCrunch, Site Selection, ArchDaily, and more.
- Understand the value of data-driven design.
a. Real-time understanding using BIN, Building Information Network.
b. Connecting technology and the human experience.
c. Trusted tools and simulations to optimize performance, product selection, design and more.
d. Consolidate different problems of data translation losses to promote timely decision making without issues.
e. Databases that link everyone involved on a project to build common understanding and immediate updates.
- Why the carbon problem is a data problem.
- Factors that create uncertainty to drive cost increases.
- Why you need to follow the industries #hashtags.
- Tips for entrepreneurs and companies to create a detailed career path that champions the work and skills of their employees.
- 2 things that are going to transform how architects, engineers, contractors, and anybody involved in sustainability find information to make effective choices.
- AI is going to unlock and transform the industry beyond focusing operational carbon vs embodied.
- How to leverage new technology to provide a higher level of service.
Show Resource and Information
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended