Ben Tacka is a member of the Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability (CEES) at Trane Technologies which supports the company’s strategic brands —Trane and Thermo King — and is responsible for forward-looking sustainability initiatives aimed at transitioning to more efficient and climate-friendly solutions, and minimizing resource use within company facilities. Ben serves as a market intelligence provider and trainer in linking internal sustainability initiatives to competitive product and service positioning to support the enhancement of value propositions for sales and marketing teams across all businesses. His efforts led to the release of the company’s first integrated ESG Report in 2018, and played a role in the establishment of Trane Technologies’ 2030 Sustainability Commitments, which include such targets as carbon neutral operations and the single largest industrial commitment to reduce scope 3 (product related) emissions by 1 gigaton. Ben also leads an internal ‘Design for Circularity’ council to determine the company’s role in the coming Circular Economy. Trane Technologies’ received the World Environment Center’s 2019 gold medal award for international sustainable development and is the only industrial company listed to both the World and North America Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for the past 9 years. Ben holds an undergraduate degree in Manufacturing Engineering from Boston University as well as a Sustainable Innovation MBA from the University of Vermont. Prior to working with Trane Technologies, Ben provided sustainable business development consulting support to PepsiCo in Latin America and spent many years as an entrepreneur founding and managing sales and marketing training franchises in the gulf coast region of the southern US.
- A green business owner’s freedom of flexibility in sustainability.
- The history of Trane Technologies and their programs to dramatically reduce the carbon footprint and energy consumption.
- Being entrepreneurial and finding ways to be intrapreneurial within a team.
- Organizations to help strengthen sustainability initiatives.
- Tips to stand out in a large company and dive into your network to obtain your dream job.
- Ben’s “SWAT team of sustainability” in ESG.
- Speak the language of sustainability and climate change with these valuable resources.
- Benefits of the Center for Energy Efficiency and Sustainability (CEES).
“I wanted to really be a part of something that would be transformational in terms of how we live our everyday lives and the underpinnings of the global economy.”
Ben Tacka’s Show Resource and Information
- Project Drawdown
- Pathway to critical and formidable goal of net-zero
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Capitalism at the Crossroads
- American Nations
- Red Dune Adventures Book Series
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2021 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended