As commuting trends evolve, influenced by global events and the rising cost of fuel, the built environment needs to reflect and support these changes. Updates to planning policies and urban design can take years, resulting in old solutions for new problems. Green certifications like ActiveScore allow new standards to be implemented quickly and in sync with industry trends.
What You Will Learn:
- You will understand what Active Travel is.
- You will understand what ActiveScore does.
- You will learn about the relationship between Active Travel and ESG.
- Learn how well-designed Active Travel facilities in buildings can positively impact tenant experience.
- You will learn about ActiveScore’s free AP Program.
This webinar can be self-reported for one half-hour of LEED or WELL continuing education.
James Nash has founded 3 companies. The first was Bike Dock Solutions in 2008 which started life as a university project.
Much of his focus currently is on ActiveScore which helps building owners and developers improve their cycling and active travel facilities. They have helped design and certify 350+ developments in Europe, US, Asia, Middle East and Australia-including 22 Bishopsgate in London, which is the largest office building in Europe.
Clients include Blackstone, Brookfield, Lendlease, Invesco, Vornado Realty Trust, BentallGreenOak, GID, JLL, CBRE, Savills, Knight Frank, Colliers, Perial, AXA IM, PATRIZIA, Bruntwood, and EcoWorld. ActiveScore is recognized by GRESB as a design and/or construction green building certification scheme.
He has also been an advisor to WELL Certification on all things Cycling and active travel related. For real estate sustainability/mobility consultants and architects they have an extremely popular free AP Programme with over 500 AP’s from over 40 countries.
Alex Georgiadis is the Head of Consultancy at ActiveScore. He oversees all of the certification and design projects ActiveScore works on. Alex has a design background and his passion is cycling. So much so, he spent some time working as a mobile bike mechanic, servicing commercial office buildings around London.
This gave him great insight into the issues cyclists regularly face when commuting. He now regularly uses this knowledge to educate building owners and improve the active travel facilities within buildings across the world.
David Reed is an entrepreneur who is passionate about solving problems with sustainable solutions. A leader in sustainable mobility, he has 13+ years of experience generating new revenue and building partnerships with and for municipalities, universities, startups, corporations, and real estate companies. He is a coalition builder and problem solver, deeply invested in colleague and client shared success. David’s clients and partners have included the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- ActiveScore is this intersection of transportation, sustainability and the built environment.
- Components and benefits of Active Travel
a. Assess and certify buildings being active travel friendly.
b. Help organizations and developments become future-proof by creating sustainable infrastructures and services.
c. Only globally recognized accreditation for active travel amenities in real estate.
d. Provide engagement services that set up active travel user groups within buildings.
e. Employer retention,
- ActiveScore can help identify commuting trends within a region or group, connect with rating systems and ESG with their clean air calculator.
- LEED benchmarks and credits Active Score blends with to determine which is the best standard and certification to align.
- ActiveScore design benefits.
- Creating a more efficient and streamlined design process for both the client and the design team.
- Build understanding of what makes a good active travel facility.
- Design consultation and the design lab services.
- ActiveScore certification can be applied to both existing and new developments.
Get the episode transcript here!!
Show Resource and Information
- James Nash on LinkedIn
- David Reed on LinkedIn
- Alex Georgiadis on LinkedIn
- All About ActiveScore on Vimeo
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
Green Building Educational Services
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended