Charlie Cichetti, CEO, LEED Fellow and WELL AP, is one of the leaders in the green building industry. He’s built a career around green building services/education/and technology, and has co-founded multiple companies that hold sustainability leadership as core values.
His career has evolved from a strong construction background, to real estate, to early LEED expertise, to starting his own business, to buying a business, and now to co-founding two technology companies – all in the built environment.
ESG | Decarbonization | ClimateTech | EdTech | LEED
Charlie is invested in the success of the green building industry. He works with people and buildings around the world to create the highest level of sustainability possible.
- Current Trends and a glimpse to the future for programs and rating systems around resiliency for the industry.
- The Past 10 Episodes you should check out
* Episode 298: Alvis Yuen, head of ESG Real Estate for Bain Capital.
* Episode 297: Silas Mahner with NextWave to help advance the world to a cleaner future.
* Episode 296: Keith Fine the Principal at SLAM for an in depth conversation on innovation and AI.
* Episode 295: Tucker Perkins with PERC for a conversation on Propane Education and Research Act.
* Episode 294: Isela Rosales is the Managing Director, Head of ESG & Sustainability at Bridge Investment Group, a leading $50 billion investment portfolio.
Charlie’s Playlist of 8 episodes to check out on GBES Podcast
- Episode 48: Maria Perez, LEED Fellow at Gensler .
- Episode 37: Vivian Loftus and the amazing work she’s doing at Carnegie Mellon.
- Episode 57: A Wild Conversation with Jason Twill.
- Episode 172: Drew Shula, a social entrepreneur focused on building up our green building consulting firms.
- Episode: Emmanuel Powells, who is a living Future hero.
- Episode 180: Peter Templeton, the current CEO of the US Green Building Council.
- Episode 224: A live podcast interview in Munich, Germany last year.
- Episode 287: The founding father of Lead Rob Watson.
- Inspirational Projects to check out
Companies are focused on climate risk and opportunities to support the CDP framework.
Show Resource and Information
Charlie’s Podcast Playlist
- Gensler Sustainability Discussion with Maria Perez
- Regenerative Practitioner and Living Future Hero Emmanuel Pauwels
- Founding Father of LEED – Rob Watson
- Carnegie Mellon Professor – Vivian Loftness
- Urban Apostles from Australia: Jason Twill
- How I Built This | Charlie Cichetti & Drew Shula Talk Green Building Entrepreneurship
- LIVE GBM Podcast from GBCI Europe with Peter Templeton President and CEO at U.S. Green Building Council/Green Business Certification Inc.
- Cal Guerxo, a Living Building in Spain
- Emmanuel Pauwels (@calguerxo) • Instagram
- Green Living Projects | Barcelona
- Green Living Projects LinkedIn
- Episode 298: Alvis Yuen Show Notes
- Episode 297: Silas Mahner Show Notes
- Episode 296: Keith Fine Show Notes
- Episode 294 : Tucker Perkins Show Notes
- Episode 294: Isela Rosales Show Notes
Don’t forget to catch more episodes and resources for all of your green building news at the Green Building Matters website.
Connect with Charlie Cichetti and GBES:
GBES is excited our membership community is growing. Consider joining our membership community as members are given access to some of the guests on the podcasts that you can ask project questions. If you are preparing for an exam, there will be more insurances that you will pass your next exam, you will be given cliff notes if you are a member, and so much more. Go to gbes.com/join to learn more about the 4 different levels of access to this one-of-a-kind career-advancing green building community!
If you truly enjoyed the show, don’t forget to leave a positive rating and review on iTunes. We have prepared more episodes for the upcoming weeks, so come by again next week! Thank you for tuning in to the Green Building Matters Podcast!
Copyright © 2023 GBES
Books Our Podcast Guests Have Recommended