This article provides an introduction into living walls. The main types of wall systems are explained, along with the potential applications for indoor and outdoor projects. The article provides insight as to the main wall system components, including plant substrate, lighting, and water delivery. The benefits of living walls are demonstrated as well as a list of potential LEED and/or WELL credits that the living wall can contribute to for your project. The future of living walls is touched upon, including vertical farming and using living wall systems for air pollution mitigation.
- Learn how a Living Wall fits into the WELL V1 Air and Mind Concepts
- Highlights features 88 (Biophilia I - qualitative) and 100 (Biophilia II - quantitative) in WELL V1 Mind Concept
- Demonstrates requirements for Feature 87 and 99 (Beauty and design I & II) in WELL V1
- Identify how a Living Wall fits into LEED v4 BD+C New Construction and Core & Shell rating system scorecards.
- Requirements to support outdoor Living Walls under LEED v4 BD+C Sustainable Sites – Heat Island Reduction
- Review the requirements under LEED v4 BD+C Energy & Atmosphere – Optimize Energy Performance on indoor Living Walls to reduce the use of mechanical HVAC systems
- Identify how an outdoor Living Wall fits into LEED v4 BD+C Water Efficiency – water efficient landscaping
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.