Rethinking Neighborhood Design with Smart Growth
Smart growth covers a range of development and conservation strategies that help protect our natural environment and make our communities more attractive, economically stronger, and more socially diverse. This course discusses what makes Smart Growth “smart.” Illustrated are how Smart Growth expands choices for families – choices in housing, choices in transportation, choices in how we invest our time and resources. Also discussed is why making smarter development choices is so imperative now. The reasons have to do with our families’ health and well-being, the fiscal solvency and vitality of our communities, the quality of the environment, and social relations in our neighborhoods.
- Understand how the current code encourages sprawl
- Analyze the principles of smart growth
- Understand the barriers to smart growth
- Identify at least three benefits that may be expected from smart growth
- Explain the role of zoning changes in promoting smart growth and sustainability at the community scale
Bundle & Save
Try our Continuing Education Packages and save more! LEED AP ND 30 Hour Package is design to include everything you need to maintain your LEED AP credential, with at least 6 LEED Specific hours. Or Any 30 CE Hours let’s you design your own bundle and pick the topics that interest you most.
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.