Reducing the Urban Heat Island Effect: Strategies for Lowering Your Energy Bills
This course is intended for those seeking a comprehensive understanding of heat island reduction. We’ll explore the physics of heat transfer, the causes of the heat island effect, and how it can be quantified. We’ll also look at a number of mitigation strategies and approaches. We’ll discuss how the local climate affects it and how public policy can influence it. Finally, we’ll look at ways that your mitigation strategies can help your project earn points toward LEED certification.
- List the principal factors that influence the heat island effect
- Describe four strategies for mitigating the heat island effect
- List three ways that governments are addressing the heat island effect
- Describe the LEED credits for heat island mitigation
- Identify synergies between heat island mitigation strategies and other LEED credits
Bundle & Save
Try our Continuing Education Packages and save more! LEED AP BD+C 30 Hour Package is design to include everything you need to maintain your LEED AP credential, with at least 6 LEED Specific hours. Or Any 30 CE Hours let’s you design your own bundle and pick the topics that interest you most.
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.