Daylighting: Achieving Energy Efficiency with Sunlight and Lighting
At the very heart of daylighting concepts is the goal of dramatically reducing or eliminating altogether the use of electric lighting. Daylighting is a controlled admission of natural light into indoor environments using lighting controls, carefully positioned glazings, skylights, overhangs, and strategic use of materials. The creation of a sound, effective daylight design is complex, requiring the balance of many intricate details, as you will learn in this course.
- Explain the energy-saving and cost-reducing benefits of implementing daylighting
- Describe criteria needed for successful daylight design
- Identify strategies that ensure optimal daylighting design, including window designs, interior and exterior features, and site considerations
- Analyze the synergies between daylighting designs and various LEED credits
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.