A Citizen’s Guide to LEED for Neighborhood Development
This course is a plain-English reference aid designed to help you improve your community and neighborhood. It explains a sophisticated and innovative set of environmental standards called LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND). LEED-ND takes the green certification concept beyond individual buildings and applies it to the neighborhood context. In particular, LEED-ND contains a set of measurable standards that collectively identify whether a development or proposed development of two buildings or more can be deemed environmentally superior, considering the development’s location and access, its internal pattern and design, and its use of green technology and building techniques.
- Understand the environmental standards for green land development
- Evaluate if a proposal for a new development is environmentally friendly
- Assess an existing neighborhood to determine how green it is
- Discuss implementing LEED ND standards in your own community
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.