Global Tools: Green Star South Africa
This course opens with an introduction to the Green Star South Africa rating system. You will hear about how a green building rating system is developed from one of the authors. Then, for global context, we compare the Green Star building rating tools to LEED rating systems. The greatest takeaway from this course is to learn how to weave socio-economic strategies, championed by Green Star, into your next LEED project. The course closes with a look ahead to future green buildings in the broader context of the African continent. You’ll hear first person stories about being on Green Star project teams in South Africa and Australia.
Alyson Laura LEED AP, WELL AP
Director of Resilience Education for GBES
Jason Buch, LEED AP, Green Star SA AP
Green Building Council South Africa
Ashley Bakelmun, LEED AP, Green Star Communities AP
Director, Urban Strategy at Urban Equity Lab
- Demonstrate your global education by recognizing the similarities in LEED BD+C v4 New Construction credit Regional Priorities and differences of the LEED rating systems and Green Star tools.
- Explore the opportunity to borrow from the Green Star socio-economic category, and submit micro enterprise infrastructure as a innovation strategy for LEED BD+C v4 New Construction credit Innovation.
- Support community benefit as suggested by Green Star SA by attempting LEED v4 BD+C pilot credit, Social equity within the community.
- Build awareness of World GBC themes and how they are implemented.
Bundle & Save
Try our Continuing Education Packages with Any 6, 15, 30, or 60 CE Hours that are credited to your account. Visit our huge Course Library and choose the topics that interest you most. The more you buy, the more you save!
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.