Design Features of Net Zero Emission Buildings
Buildings are one of the largest energy-consuming sectors, accounting for as much as 40% of total energy consumption. Therefore, improvement in building energy efficiency has become an important option in developing low-carbon growth strategies. High energy efficiency in buildings can be achieved using various design options, such as passive design features, composite mechanical systems that support passive design features, installation of renewable energy generators on site, sustainable building operations and maintenance processes, and other aspects like life cycle costs and sustainability of the whole building design.
- Identify commonly used definitions, regulations and industry benchmarks
- Describe the four definitions of net-zero energy
- Understand the latest technologies and strategies used to achieve net-zero building
- Discuss the basic strategies for making net-zero buildings affordable
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.