Bike riding is a beneficial activity for our health, planet, and economies. In order to increase its use, each party (building owners, city administrations, and government) should fulfill certain responsibilities. LEED LT Bicycle Facilities Credit category clearly lays out what building projects should do to achieve an overall “bike-friendly” building. Riding a bike is a fun activity that improves our physical and mental well-being. It is convenient for getting around locally, also environmentally friendly. The benefits of biking to work rather than driving or using public transport are numerous. There has been a significant rise in the number of people bikes to work in the last decade. However, encouraging more people to use a bike requires certain responsibilities to be met by building owners, city administrations, as well as governments.
- Understanding what Bicycle Facilities are and how they are implemented into the LEED V4 and LEED V4.1 Rating System.
- Learn about the different Health and environmental benefits to using bicycles as transportation as appose to driving.
- Learn how to get started in creating a bicycle facilities and everything it should include.
- See how to plan and implement bicycle networks as used in the LEED BD+C LT Credit: Bicycle Facilities
- Learn about the requirements for Bicycle Storage and Shower Rooms as shown in LEED 4v.1 BD+C LT Credit: Bicycle Facilities
- Explore what counts as an eligible bicycle networks in the LEED 4v.1 BD+C LT Credit: Bicycle Facilities
* For more information on our Limited 21-day Refund Policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.