More than 20,000 green building and design professionals will soon descend on Los Angeles for Greenbuild International Conference and Expo. We’ll be there – will you?
Greenbuild 2016 will celebrate the icons of the green building movement Oct. 5-7 in Los Angeles. This world-renowned conference will showcase innovative products from more than 500 companies, offer the world’s best in sustainable education, and feature talks by industry leaders – including a few from GBES.
Here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of this year’s Greenbuild experience:
- Take the Green Building tours. Get out of the convention hall and explore Los Angeles. These popular events will take you on tours of the area?s top sustainable buildings and neighborhoods. This year’s tours include zoo exhibits, college campuses and a movie studio.
- Stay at an eco-friendly hotel in L.A. Get a Greenbuild discount and stay at hotels that are committed to energy efficiency, recycling, using locally sourced foods, and offering electric car charging stations. Check out The Line Hotel, which has sleek handmade furnishings, floor-to-ceiling views of Los Angeles and a restaurant inside a greenhouse.
- Earn Continuing Education hours. Greenbuild offers continuing education credits that can be applied to multiple credentials including LEED Green Associate, LEED AP, and WELL AP. After you register for Greenbuild, don’t forget to sign up for the specific sessions and seminars you want to attend – classes fill up quickly!
- Get access to best in class education. GBES’s CEO, Charlie Cichetti, and Director of Education, Eileen Gohr, will be teaching LEED O+M: Rating System Overview and Exam Prep. LEED O+M is poised to become the predominant rating system for individual credentials as well as project certifications. Don’t miss this full day exam prep course!
- Dine at a farm-to-table restaurant. Check out Travel + Leisure’s list of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Los Angeles. These restaurants serve mouth-watering cuisines that are locally sourced, hip, and environmentally friendly. Eat on!
- Experience the Los Angeles Convention Center. This year, Greenbuild is at the largest convention center in the world to receive LEED EB:O+M Gold certification. This world class facility implements best practices that reduce energy and water usage and recycling efforts to reduce the amount of waste generated.
Don’t forget to register before Aug. 1 to get early bird pricing!